ENCHANT CHRISTMAS SPECIAL EVENT TRADESHOW SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. YOUR ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS 10:00:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (“PT”) ON TUESDAY, MARCH 10, 2020 AND ENDS 9:00:00 PM PT ON FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Enchant Christmas March Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 10:00:00 AM PT on March 10, 2020 and ends at 9:00:00 PM PT on March 13, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock will be the official Sweepstakes clock, and the timeliness of entries will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
2. SPONSOR. The “Sponsor” of the Sweepstakes is Enchant Christmas Light Maze and Market Ltd., Suite 304 – 901 3rd Street West, North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3P9.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (“Participants”). Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, possessions, and military installations, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. None of the following are eligible to be Participants: officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, and any of Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, and any agencies or entities engaged in the development, production, administration, fulfillment, or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, or spouse) of, or persons (whether related or not) living in the same household as, such individuals.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Participant’s warranty that he/she meets all eligibility requirements, Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and obligations in the Official Rules.
5. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. To participate in the Sweepstakes, Participant must complete and submit a valid entry by either: (1) completing, in its entirety, a Sponsor provided paper ballot at the Sponsor’s table at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center located at 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA (the “Physical Location”) and deposited into the Sponsor’s ballot box located at the Physical Location; (2) depositing the Participants’ contact details on a Participant provided business card into the Sponsor’s ballot box located at the Physical Location; or (3) providing the Participant’s contact details into the Sponsor’s fillable form available on EnchantChristmas.com/sweepstakes. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Sponsor will not accept entries for this contest by any other means.
6. ENTRY CONDITIONS. Any attempted entry in the Sweepstakes by automatic, programmed, script, bot, third party or fraudulent method is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or Participants that it determines, in its sole discretion, violate the foregoing or any other provision of the Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in this regard are final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person found or suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, of acting in violation of these Official Rules, or of acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by a telecom and or Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. “Potential Grand Prize Winner” (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND ODDS. On or about March 25, 2020, one (1) potential “Grand Prize” (as defined below) winner (the “Potential Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected, at random by a Sponsor representative, from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified via email on or about March 29, 2020 of their selection as a Potential Grand Prize Winner. Once selected by the Sponsor as a Potential Grand Prize Winner, its eligibility ceases for any future Grand Prize within this Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize Winners must reply to Sponsor, in the manner set forth in the email notification, within seven (7) calendar days after attempted notification. If a Potential Grand Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with the Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or fails to respond to the attempted notification within seven (7) calendar days, or the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. Before being declared the Grand Prize Winner, Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release (“Prize Release”) and to provide any additional information (such as social security number for tax purposes) that may be required by Sponsor within ten (10) calendar days from the date materials were sent, or the applicable prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize may be fulfilled, subject to availability, during the 2020 holiday season. Sweepstakes Entities will not be held responsible for any delays in awarding Grand Prize for any reason. Grand Prize will be awarded only to verified Grand Prize Winner. The right to receive the Grand Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable, and no prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute for the Grand Prize any prize of approximately equal or greater value, in the event of unavailability or force majeure. Odds of winning Grand Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. PRIZES. One (1) grand prize, the “Grand Prize”, will consist of four (4) VIP tickets to the 2020 Enchant Christmas Light Maze and Market (the “Event”) at a location and date chosen by the Grand Prize Winner, as tickets are available on the Sponsor’s website https://enchantchristmas.com/; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $320.00. The Grand Prize is good for one time use at one Event and dates of use are subject to change. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the foregoing prize description, including but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are solely the responsibility solely of Grand Prize Winner. Unless the child or legal dependent of Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize Winner’s companions using the Grand Prize must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of VIP ticket redemption with the appropriate permissions and releases and must use the Grand Prize awards at the same time as Grand Prize Winner. Companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to use of the Grand Prize. All restrictions, conditions, and limitations stated on the tickets and vouchers included in the Grand prize apply, and other restrictions, conditions, and limitations on the use of the Grand Prize may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the availability of any portion of the Grand Prize, or any surrounding events, are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety, and no substitution will be provided except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for booking hotel and other travel arrangements and all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Grand Prize Winner must comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Grand Prize Winner may receive an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099 or other tax document for the value of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with, the Grand Prize. The stated ARV of the Grand Prize is based on information available to Sponsor when these Official Rules were drafted. Any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor. Grand Prize is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping, handling, loss, use, or misuse of any prize. Grand Prize Winner’s acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for Sponsor to use and authorize the use of Grand Prize Winner’s and companions’ names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices and addresses (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or promotional purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review, approval, or further compensation. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, EACH PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER FIRST NAME WITH INITIAL ONLY OF LAST NAME AND STATE OF RESIDENCE MAY BE POSTED ON WEBSITE(S) AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION AND CAN BE VIEWED BY OTHER WEBSITE USERS.
11. CONDUCT OF SWEEPSTAKES. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, business or market circumstances, force majeure, public health concerns, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Participants or others, fraud, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. If any malfunction, error, disruption, damage, or other circumstance or event impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof by posting a notice on its website https://enchantchristmas.com/. If the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor may select Grand Prize Winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the operation of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. GENERAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS. By entering the Sweepstakes, participating in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or accepting or using a prize, each Participant and each user of any prize (for himself/herself and his/her heirs and assigns) hereby releases the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, cost, expense, claims, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, including but not limited to all reasonable counsel fees and court costs, and including but not limited to third party claims, based on: (A) publicity and/or privacy rights, defamation, and intellectual property associated with Participant’s or another’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (B) redemption of any prize, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (C) anything related to the production, promotion, or execution of the Sweepstakes (or participation therein), including preemption, cancellation, or rescheduling; and (D) anything related to the acceptance and/or use of a prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes, even if any of the foregoing is caused or contributed to by the negligence of the Sweepstakes Entities.
13. RELEASE; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries (or any components thereof). Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Sponsor, Sweepstakes Entities, a Participant, or any other person or by any computer, technical, or human error or malfunction that may occur in the processing or judging of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the notification of Potential Grand Prize Winner. Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for any tampering or for any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and Sweepstakes Entities will have no responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Sweepstakes, or for any damage to a Participant’s or another’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN, OR THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, OR ADMINISTRATION OF, THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF A PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. CHOICE OF LAW; CHOICE OF FORUM. Sweepstakes will be administered in the State of Delaware, and by participating, each Participant and each user of any Prize (for himself/herself and his/her heirs and assigns) agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participants, the Sweepstakes Entities, and/or others in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of Delaware or any other jurisdiction. Any disputes or other proceedings arising out of or related to the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes will take place in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware or in the Delaware state courts serving Wilmington, Delaware. All of the foregoing agree to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right to change of venue or any like right.
15. GRAND PRIZE WINNER LIST. For the identity of the Grand Prize Winner, send request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by March 1, 2020 to: Enchant Christmas Light Maze and Market Ltd., ATTN: Legal Department, Suite 304 – 901 3rd Street West, North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3P9. Only the first name and first initial of the last name of the Grand Prize Winner will be provided.
16. MISCELLANEOUS. The names of companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as a prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Enchant® is a registered trademark of Enchant Christmas Light Maze & Market Ltd.
© 2020 Enchant Christmas Light Maze & Market Ltd. All Rights Reserved.