Known as the Entertainment Capital of Texas, Arlington seldom disappoints with its variety of family-friendly attractions, beautiful public parks, and professional sports franchises. Families in search of excitement and fun should check out Six Flags Over Texas which features exhilarating rides and live entertainment. The city is also a go-to destination for holiday fun, and events like Enchant, Six Flags Holiday in the Park, and Holiday Lights Parade are ideal for celebrating the season.
Enchant is embarking on its first American run of providing holiday cheer and excitement for all ages, and it will take place November 24 to December 31 at Globe Life Park. Attendees will encounter a magical winter wonderland sprawling over 300,000 square feet and featuring more than one million lights. The World’s Largest Light Maze leads participants of all ages on a mission to help Santa find his missing reindeer. It’s a vibrant labyrinth of Christmas lights and decor that covers more than three acres. Patrons looking holiday shopping should stop at the Enchant Holiday Market which includes more than 85 vendors selling artisan treats, handmade decorations, unique gifts, and more. The Skating Pond (inspired by the main ice skating rink in NYC’s Central Park) is excellent for everyone from seasoned skaters to beginners, and ice skate rentals are available on-site. Children can visit Santa in his one-of-a-kind Golden Palace to take photos, share Christmas lists, and make lasting holiday memories. More than 21 local food trucks will serve a variety of meals, snacks, treats, and beverages for all tastes. We interviewed Event Representative, Kathy Beazley, to learn more about this holiday extravaganza.
RAL: How long has the event been running?
KB: Enchant opened last year in Vancouver to rave reviews. This year marks the U.S. debut!!
RAL: How many annual participants do you draw?
KB: Last year, the event lasted 29 days and attracted in 270,000 attendees. This year in Arlington, Enchant will be a 34-day experience, and we expect to draw more than 400,000 people.
RAL: What demographic does your event attract? Children? Families? Couples?
KB: The beautiful thing about Enchant is that it is for everyone. We see families, kids, couples, girls’ night out parties, corporate holiday parties, and more. We’ve even had requests for marriage proposals to be held at Enchant!
RAL: What makes this event unique?
KB: Our 300,000 square foot winter wonderland is nothing like Texas has seen before. It includes the world’s largest light maze, an outdoor skating pond (like Central Park in New York City), North Texas’ tallest outdoor Christmas tree (standing at 100’), and more.
RAL: Take me through a day at the event. What can I expect as an attendee?
KB: Here is a breakdown of the major activities:
- The Maze – Experience the largest light maze in the world as you help Santa find his nine-missing reindeer and save Christmas.
- VIP Event Lounge – Enjoy a VIP experience with exclusive access to Enchant and the world’s largest light maze, along with fine dining with festive foods and sweets from John Coleman, Executive Chef of the Dallas restaurant Savor.
- Santa’s Palace – Visit Santa in his one of a kind golden palace.
- Enchant Christmas Market – Our beautiful market huts, featuring Texas Christkindl Market Lane, are home to an elite group of vendors representing gifts from home decor, jewelry, gourmet foods, holiday gifts and more! The Enchant Christmas Market includes 85 market vendors, 23 of which are German-inspired and located in Texas Christkindl Market Lane. Some of our market vendors include Kathe Wohlfahrt, Hambone & Dog Pet Treats, The British Chic, The Stein Shoppe, Bryker Hyde – Exquisite Leather Goods, Savor Patisserie Macarons, and more.
- Eat & Drink – We have 21 local food trucks lined up to feed you and your family at Enchant. Enjoy snacks, dinner, and sweets.
- Skating Pond – Glide around our magical ice skating pond. Rent a pair of skates and head out for a spin! Romantic dates and family fun!
- Kid Zone – Sit back, enjoy a beverage and let your kids run free in our secure kid zone. It’s a mini maze!
- Main Stage – Enjoy nightly live music & entertainment.
- Free parking
RAL: What will attendees find for dining options?
KB: There will be 21 food trucks that will tantalize the taste buds of everyone. Some of the yummy fare includes BBQ, Tex-Mex, pizza, and more. Here are some of the confirmed food trucks: The Butchers Son (Tex-Mex sandwiches), Dapper Doughnut, Mardi Gras Cuisine (Cajun/Creole), Lotta Bull BBQ, Pokey O’s (Cookies, Ice Cream & Sandwiches), Soul Bowl (American), and Egg Stand (egg sandwiches).
RAL: Are there any lodging specials that are set up for the event?
KB: Sheraton Arlington Hotel is our partner hotel, and they are offering discounts throughout Enchant. The hotel is conveniently adjacent to Enchant so that attendees can walk to the fun. Pricing depends on days. Travelers can visit the hotel website for more information and pricing. (Note: During Dallas Cowboys games, the hotel is usually booked to capacity.)
RAL: Does the event support a particular cause in the community?
KB: Enchant benefits four local charities including Cook Children’s Health Care System, Make-A-Wish North Texas, Kidd’s Kids, and Special Olympics Texas.
Additionally, at Enchant’s magical skating pond, 100% of all ice skate rental fees will be divided among all four nonprofits. Reminiscent of the famed, picturesque ice pond at Central Park, you and the family will glide to making new holiday traditions while helping local charities.
RAL: Why should people come to your event?
KB: People should come to Enchant because it’s an event like they have never seen before. You’ll leave with memories that will last a lifetime.
For more information about Enchant, please visit the event website.
Photo Credit: Dale Klippenstein